When your club is ready to advertise your meetings on the NSW/ACT Meetup Groups, please refer to these instructions.
We now have Meetup Groups in Sydney, Newcastle and Canberra. A community of people are in those groups already, looking for a Toastmasters Club to visit - all you need to do is get details of your next club meeting in there so they can find you!
We have created 3 sets of instructions for you, depending on your skill with computers:
Step-by-step guide (Advanced users)
- Go to meetup.com and set up an account for your Toastmasters Club (instructions here). Important: The account name needs to be your club name, for example "Trainers by Design Toastmasters Club". Do not sign up for an organiser account: you just need to be a user.
- Once you have signed up for and verified your Meetup Account, find the 'Join Toastmasters' Meetup Group relevant to your location by typing it into the browser
- When you've got to the group, click the 'Join Us' button.
- Message 'Join Toastmasters' using the message function within Meetup to let us know you have signed up. We will then make you an Event Organizer in the relevant Group.
- Once you get email confirmation that you can organise events, go into the Meetup Group and select 'Schedule a new Meetup' option.
- Enter your details and announce it and you're done!
Want to enter your club meetings as a recurring event? Once scheduled, find the 'Edit' function (it's a pencil symbol) and click on it. You'll have loads of options for recurring events, as well as asking questions of people who RSVP, and tonnes more.